We’re living in times of worry and turmoil, unsure and anxious of what the future holds. Change Festival is coming to Coventry THIS WEEK, and explores ideas that bring hope for a better future for us, and generations to come!
CHANGE Festival arrives at Warwick Arts Centre on 18 – 20 October 2019. This new event, quite unlike any other, brings together world-class shows, talks, comedy and workshops – with the aim to inspire visitors to imagine a better, more positive future for all.
The festival gathers performers, speakers and audiences from the West Midlands and beyond to imagine, play and explore. There will be some familiar faces and new performances enjoy, with over 20 inspirational events to choose from – because we all deserve to feel hopeful about the future.
CHANGE Festival producer Becky Burchell says, “CHANGE Festival will offer a better story about our future. Much of our current popular culture – TV, movies, news, theatre – paints a picture of a bleak, dystopian future where humanity is tearing itself apart. It’s time to tell a different story – one that stretches our dreams and inspires courage and hope. Through this festival we hope to inspire visitors to imagine a better way of living – better communities, better food, better homes for us and the generations to come.”
Highlights of CHANGE Festival include:
- Premiere of ‘The World We Made’, an urgent new play about our future, set in 2050 and based on environmentalist Jonathon Porritt’s seminal book of the same name.
- A special comedy evening to ask, ‘What Will Tell Our Grandkids?’ – a hilarious exploration of the conversations we will having in years to come.
- ‘Soonchild’, a family show by dynamic company Red Earth, tells the story of a shaman who feels out of step with the modern world and sets out on a quest to find the forgotten ‘world songs’, which are essential for the world to exist.
- An all-female team of 14-17yr Coventry trailblazers have invited a panel of transformational women to share their bold, courageous and motivational stories for ‘MetamorphoSISTER’ – a specially curated event for young audiences. This event is part of Positive Youth Foundation.
- New discussion series, with speakers from the West Midlands and beyond, will explore ‘Imagine Eating Better’, ‘Imagine Living Better’, ‘Imagine Dressing Better’, ‘Imagine Better Nature’ and ‘Imagine Feeling Better’ to enlighten and enliven.
For full programme details visit CHANGE Festival